Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Luz's Update

Soo she later remembered more exactly what happened I guess she was riding the Log and started to fall backwards on the log and she put her wrist out to brace yourself and we ended up with this


its really actually an odd braek it is more what you would only see in kids almost a greenstick fracture it like slintered and the head of the radius pushed inward towards the ulna. They gave her 2 options pull traction and reset the bone or $20-$30,000 surgery, one which we could go to argentina and have done for almost nothing so we decided to have it reset she goes in for another x-ray and if it is healing properly a cast otherwise she may be going back to argentina a little sooner than we thought.

this is once they reset the bone it looks pretty good to me.

She is getting extra special love and even is getting a gift (as I was told "My mom always gets me something new when I get hurt") so as of our next check we will be going to get our tattoo's her a wave crashing over a snowy mountain, and me the family crest with some addition I will scan them tonight and post them.
She is feeling much better these days than the first at least hopefully the doctors say its healing properly come monday.
As for me luckily we are getting snow and LOTS of it, not only for the fresh Pow days but also means I can work on saturday and sunday shoveling for $20/hr
thanks for your prayers, hope everyone is doing good

2 comments:

Jared said...

Glad to hear she is doing better. Hopefully the bone set will heal properly. Surgery always sucks. Love you guys!

Sammie said...

Sorry to hear it was a difficult break. Hope the fix works!
Love you both a bunch. Yes, we have been praying for rain and snow. So glad for you.
Love Mom