Friday, November 14, 2008

The big log

Soo this is something I have been the major worker on this project, not exactly 100% but real close.... my only regret is i dont have pictures of the earlier stages of this project as I didnt have a camera then. So first off this tree was about 5 feet in diameter 200+ foot lodgepole I helped fall this tree Kieth(my supervisor) wouldn't let John or I do this one though we both wanted to really bad. I got to bang in the wedges to make this beast of a tree fall. we then bucked it (cutting the branches off)some of these branches were couple feet in diameter. I then got to run the dozer to skid this beast out. it broke off when we fell it it was probably 100' long then we cut it down to about 70'. Then on to planing it with a crazy planer attachment to a chainsaw thats right a 50hp planer heh. then to staining and some marine varnish. then to the fun part getting it up.





We took it from the shop where it was worked on to the location of where we were putting it in. We used old tower tubing as our posts for it, we dug em in with the excavator to dig them in.






we then hooked it up and we picked her up and set it on the posts.




once we got it on there we welded some brackets on


tommorow im cutting some hole in the brackets with the torch and going to set it back on there and lag bolt it in and a little paint to the tower tubing. then all we need is snow again.

2 comments:

Jared said...

that's sweet dude.

Josh Wight said...

yea, I cant wait to ride it